Tuesday, May 25, 2010

A successful day... so far.

Wedding weightloss productivity update: I'm feeling good today. 10 minutes of upper body plus 30 of pilates has me off my butt and burning a few calories. Cheerios for breakfast and a banana around noon; lunch in a few minutes= leftover spaghetti from last night's dinner. I know spaghetti probably isn't the best possible lunch, but ultimately I'm going for a do-able transition. I can realistically cut out fast food, fried food, and most junk food, but I can't give up real dinner foods. The spaghetti stays.

I am concerned for tonight- My best friend/maid of honor is coming over tonight for dinner, so I'm cooking. The big issues here are: a) severely limited budget=limited menu; b) she's itty-bitty, so she can eat freely; c) I don't currently have a working oven, so anything I cook has to be done on stove top...

I have found a great tool for holding myself accountable for my food actions = caloriecount.about.com It has a great toolbar you can download that gives you easy access to entering your food and activity. My Eat Meter, a bar that fills up as I enter my eaten foods, shows how many of my allotted calories I've already used up for the day. It gives me a grade based on my activity and food intake [I'm currently at an A- today], which is pretty accurate seeing as it has EVERYTHING listed! Literally everything- Search gummy bears, and you'll have at least ten options of which brand you're eating. My Wal-Mart brand Cheerios are even listed. It doesn't take forever to enter my information, which makes me actually try to do it [I'm really into time efficiency, if you can't tell].

So I'm on the right track for my wedding body. The new house is nearly finished- Just a few more tiny things to finish. Now I just have to figure out what exactly I'm going to cook tonight and pray I don't screw up a great day.

1 comment:

  1. Don't you hate having skinny friends that can eat freaking anything and everything ever?

    Story. Of. My. Life.

    It's good that you're going for a do-able change, that's what I'm going for. If I were going to eat celery and water I'm sure I would get skinny quick, but what kind of life would that be?

    ReplyDelete