Monday, May 24, 2010

Back off track

So after a really successful day of getting my act together, I jumped right back off the track. Yesterday in lieu of working out, I had a lunch of almost 50 fat grams and watched a marathon of Jersey Shore reruns instead of working out. Then when my fiance' came home upset, I decided it was an appropriate reason to make a trip to Dairy Queen. Today I managed to keep my eating in check, but stayed in bed watching season one of Drop Dead Diva [a fantastically hilarious show, by the way] on Hulu instead of working out again.

The good news is that my fiance' and a friend finally got us a couch moved into our new house! So now I have a brand new piece of furniture to sit on while avoiding my workouts. Tomorrow I have another day off of work, so hopefully I'll be able to motivate myself to get off my butt and get moving!

The only proud moment I've had the past two days was earlier this evening. My maid of honor sent me a text asking if I wanted to join her for fast food, and my food-addicted self actually managed to decline her offer. I'm trying to use the very real excuse that my doctor nearly insisted I lose 20 pounds by my next visit in November, but even that doesn't always convince me to "step away from the cookies and get a grip."

In wedding news, I still haven't gotten off my butt and started on any of that either. My fiance' was thrilled to hear the new wedding movement, but he keeps asking when I'm going to write another. Today he did a little of his own research on our health insurance- Apparently the legislation going on dealing with Rheumatoid Arthritis may make it possible for companies to deny coverage to patients with RA [which would be me]. If the legislation goes the other way, companies would have to cover me, however, it would cost us a small fortune. Essentially, you can't get decent coverage if you have a disease, but you can't control your disease without coverage... Ah, the American health system.

I'm determined that I'm going to spend my day off tomorrow being productive. I am GOING to work out. I am GOING to finish working on this house. I am NOT going to be a lazy bum!!

No comments:

Post a Comment